Wednesday, September 12, 2012

No Seriously...

Well I guess I should first say that I'm grateful that such things as inductions exist... but come on! I have not dialated at all in the last week?!?! That's just rediculous! I couldn't hear what the doctor first said when he gave me options for inducing because that paper on the exam chair is so crinkly and loud, so I just said "As soon as possible." I think he might have said "later this week or early next" but after he checked me he said "Do you want Monday/Tuesday? Weds/Thurs...?" Well hello, Monday for sure! He told me to head over to the nurses station and get set up for the induction. That nurse was pretty funny. "Oh you poor thing!" She called to get it set up with Labor & Delivery and gave me my little instruction sheet, which I'm familiar with since it's my 3rd time around. She still walked me through it (I'm sure she has to), but then she started giving me idea on how to get labor moving. "You should walk a lot. Go shopping or something..." among other ideas. I smiled and nodded, but inside I was thinking "Silly nurse, this is my THIRD baby that wants to stay in there... I think if there was something that worked, I would have found it by now!"

So yeah, on Monday morning at 7am I'll be calling to make sure they still have room for me, which they probably will. Let's see... Ben was born around 5pm. Tristan was born a little earlier than that, and we had to delay Pitocin for 3 hours with him... so maybe Ruthie will come early afternoon? One can only hope... The nice thing about a planned induction is that I can make sure my house is clean before I leave, and I can take plenty of stuff to keep me occupied until she's born. Plus since we live within like 5 minutes of the hospital, I can send Neil home for whatever we forget :)

In other news, the water heater was installed yesterday morning, so I actually got to run my dishwasher and take a shower at my own house again! Hooray!

I don't think there's anything else going on to report about... If anything exciting happens between now and Monday I'll post about it, otherwise I'll start posting when I get to the hospital on Monday!

No comments: