Thursday, October 9, 2014

Apples and Grapes and Workshops, OH MY!

I don't think I realized how busy my life was until I tried to really keep track of it!

Last Monday, we had dinner at Bart & Jaclyn's house and picked apples from Afton's tree.  We should have gotten a picture of me climbing around way up there in my flipflops!

Fast forward past the "boring, everyday busy stuff" to Friday.  We went back and made 66 pints and 2 quarts (plus a little for a tupperware) of applesauce!  Tristan and Ben loved helping!


We also picked all the grapes before we left on Friday because some of them were shriveling and some were falling off and we were worried we wouldn't get to them in time.  I took the jars of applesauce home and sealed them all on Friday, and processed the grapes while watching conference on Saturday and Sunday.


To close out our Friday night, we tried out Pizza Cake.  It was delicious!  Ruth couldn't wait for me to finish taking a picture before she tried to dig in!

Saturday morning before Conference started, we headed over to Home Depot for their free Kid's Workshop.  This month: build an EMS truck.  It's a really cool truck with doors that slide on and off so you can actually put someone in the back!
They had a real fire truck there too for the kids to look at, and a firefighter at a table to ask questions to the kids.  My favorite:
Firefighter: What do you do if your clothes are on fire?
Ben: Take them off and put new clothes on.  And call 911.
Tristan: NO!  STOP DROP AND ROLL.  I learned that in my Kindergarten class. (said with the tone of "are you really that dumb?").

That's my literal Ben.  If your clothes are on fire, take them off and put new ones on.  Seriously.








Last bit of fun:  Ben has a cute little female friend at school and he says he loves her "on the inside, because I don't want anyone to know."  He told me he likes her more than Grandma.  :)


No comments: